Saturday, September 4, 2010

the Little Penguin: Week #3

Husband picked up this week's selection  - this was one that I was debating last week and he actually remembered (or fluked out)!  I love the little cheery waddling penguin on the label - the red splash makes me feel like drinking it on the deck.  We're still hanging out in Australia and sticking to the animal theme it seems... and, did you know that penguins live in Australia?  Seriously?!  I had no sweet clue - see, wine is educational.

the Little Penguin (Australia - 2009)


A word from the wine:
"Little Penguins are very sociable and often gather to forage for delicacies.  We invite you to do the same"
I like being a penguin.  Does strolling the aisles of the liquor store count as foraging?  Or do I need to waddle?  Off to google what kind of goodies Penguins deem "delicacies." (PS: sardines, anchovies, squid and the like)

 I enjoyed this wine - even more so since I had just been subject to a 40min tantrum-scream-fest by a certain (very stubborn) 4 year old.  It was easy drinking and tasted great with a good kick - and the peppery taste really hung around after each sip.  It didn't seem to have as strong of an effect alcohol-wise as the other thus far, but I drank my glass with a supper of pasta & meat sauce, so perhaps as an accompaniment to a lighter meal or solo it would have been stronger.  It definitely had a more casual feel than Black Swan.  But, I will buy this again.

Helpful Husband Tip: "All these wines taste the same"

No comments:

Post a Comment